Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ride to Washington




We departed Roseburg, Oregon on wet roads but no rain.

The rain began just south of Olympia and continued until just north of Seattle.

Larry got pretty far ahead of me but had programmed the GPS for the Famous Dave's in South Everett so I wasn't too worried....except for the rain, wet roads and idiot drivers. Then again I figured if there was a problem I would see time before I got to him....of course that only works if you are both traveling on the same road. Not!

For ONCE I was on the correct road (I-5) and HE kept right and ended up on I-405. No wonder I could never raise him on the CB! As it happened we ended up at the same intersection at the same time. He didn't have stop and go traffic through Seattle - I did.

Lovely late lunch at Famous Dave's - it was as good as the one in Billings. From Everett north the skies cleared and the sun was shining.

We opted to check out Blaine, WA - northwestern corner of the USA. Tiny town - gorgeous view of the ocean. Motel is very, very OLD....reminds us of the cinder block apartment in Texas in 1970.

Tomorrow we will be in Vancouver...the Canadian border is only 5 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment